Update your Pen Publishing Interactive SmarterMail POP e-mail settings in Microsoft Outlook following these simple steps.
- In Outlook on the top left click FILE.
- Next click 'ACCOUNT SETTINGS' and 'ACCOUNT SETTINGS' again from the subsequent drop down.
- On the Account Settings screen find and CLICK the e-mail account you will be updating settings for.
- Next click the REPAIR link.
- In the next window make sure the e-mail address is for the account you are trying to update.
- Click ADVANCED OPTIONS to get additional options.
- Check the LET ME REPAIR ACCOUNT MANUALLY box then click REPAIR.
- Next under the INCOMING MAIL settings make the following changes:
ENCRYPTION METHOD: MAKE SURE THE 'This server requires encrypted connection (SSL/TLS) is UNCHECKED
- Click the OUTGOING MAIL link to expand the settings options and make the following changes:
ENCRYPTION METHOD: NONE
- You will see an 'Account successfully repaired' dialogue, click DONE.