If you do not already have an FTP client installed on your computer, we recommend FileZilla. This application is a free, open-source, and extremely easy to use FTP client. You can download it from here: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client
Steps required to get started:
- Download FileZilla from the link above
- Install FileZilla on your computer
- Run FileZilla
- In the "Host" field, enter ftp.yourdomain.com
- In the "Username" field, enter your username
- In the "Password" field, enter your password
- Leave the port blank
- Click "Quick Connect"
In FileZilla, you will see two sections. The LEFT side shows local files on YOUR computer. The RIGHT side shows the remote files on your account/server. The "public_html" or the "www/" folder on the RIGHT side of the "root" for your website files. Upload your files from the LEFT side of the screen by clicking and dragging them to the RIGHT.